The history of the Sheaffer brand begins in 1907 with the invention of a lever fountain pen by Walter A. Sheaffer in Fort Madison (Iowa, USA). In 1912, the inventor invested his life savings in establishing a pen factory – W. A. Sheaffer Pen Company. The numerous contributions made to the writing instruments industry almost a century ago were the beginning of the tradition of creating the highest quality products that continues to this day. The white dot is the hallmark of Sheaffer products. It is a world-renowned symbol of craftsmanship, innovation, high quality and reliability, and identifies exclusive writing instruments of unparalleled style, elegance and utility.